- The Breakthrough Prizes in Life Sciences are given annually for accomplishments in life sciences broadly defined.
- Up to four annual Breakthrough Prizes in Life Sciences – $3 million each.
- All prizes are individual and should recognize a single person’s contribution to the field of life sciences, with special attention to recent developments.
- There are no age restrictions.
- A person can receive a prize more than once.
- Anyone can nominate a candidate at the online nominations page during the open nominations period.
- Self-nominations are not allowed.
- A valid nomination will have basic biographical information on the nominee and nominator and at least one third-party letter of recommendation.
- Candidate citations (up to 10) from a specified academic publishing database are required.
- During the nominations period please see the nominations form at breakthroughprize.org/Nominations.
- Past recipients of the prizes are invited to serve on the Selection Committee to select recipients of future prizes.